2022/23 NSS registration for defaulters and private candidates opens
The management of the National Service Scheme (NSS) has announced the opening of registration for Ghanaian citizens who have not yet undertaken their national service after completing tertiary institution.
NSS in a release signed by the Executive Director, Osei Assibey Antwi said the eligible applicants are to register with the Scheme from Monday, April 11, 2022 to Thursday, June 30, 2022.
“Eligible applicants include previous applicants who started but were not able to complete the service, private applicants who are qualified and wish to apply, and Ghanaian nationals who have studied abroad,” a portion of the release dated April 8 stated.
According to the Scheme, the applicants are required to “submit their application letters to any of the Regional Offices of the Scheme or to the NSS headquarters in Accra.”
The following are the requirements
- A letter requesting a PIN code or reactivation of PIN code,
- certified true copy of School Certificate or Transcript,
- evidence of Deferment Letter (if applicable),
- an Attestation/Introductory Letter from the institution attended,
- a copy of Ghana Card
- a copy of Student ID with original copy for checks and
- for foreign students, a proof of study abroad,” it added.
NSS also used the opportunity to remind the general public of the National Service Act, (Act 426) of 1980 makes
it mandatory for Ghanaian citizens 18 years and above who have completed accredited
tertiary institutions to undertake national service to the state.
The letterPRESS RELEASE- REGISTRATION OF DEFAULTERS-2022-2023 6seekersnewsgh