Seekersnewsgh By Esther Yeboah
ENGLISH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
We have prepared it in such a way that, the questions come with immediate answers, this is to help you get immediate feedback and also ensure you’re going through it in a relaxed manner.
Here we go, if you have any question or you’re a Teacher and you need this pdf send us a message. You can also comment below this post.
ASPECT: SYNONYMS ( WORDS SIMILAR IN MEANING).
- It is the pressure of work that has necessitated his early retirement. A. volume B. bitterness. C. strain D. weight.
Correct answer: A. volume
- The connection between the event and an earlier attack on the president was described as very remote
A.vague. B. distant. C. real D.unknown
Correct answer:. D. unknown
- The church was eager to reward Awudu for his enthusiasm A. Loyalty. B. Obedience C. Zeal D. Faith.
Correct answer: C. zeal
- How else could we have gone through the spate of harassment? A Suffered. B. Sustained C. Escaped. D. Endured
Correct answer: A. suffered
- How come Sebastian is so ill-mannered? A. arrogant. B. Bad-tempered C. Rough D. Rude
Correct answer: D. rude
- Abena made derogatory remarks about the standard of my work. A. Uncomplimentary. B. Unsupportive C. Senseless. D. Ignorant
Correct answer: A. Uncomplimentary.
- It is possible to draw a parallel between the two positions. A. Agreement. B. Line C. liking. D. Similarity
Correct answer: D. Similarity.
- Irish Catherine would stop pestering me about decorating the house. A. Compelling. B. Reminding C. Bothering. D. Involving Correct answer: C. bothering.
9. Space travelers set sterling examples of endurance.
A. Outstanding. B. Surpassing C. Motivating. D. Promising
Correct answer: A. outstanding.
10. She vowed to avenge the inhuman treatment meted out to her.
A. Reciprocate. B. Retaliate C. repay. D. Return
Correct answer: B. Retaliate
- My mother was annoyed with me; apparently she had not received my letter. A. certainly. B. Sadly C. Obviously. D. Really
Correct answer:. C. Obviously
12. These two women are always together gossiping about their neighbours.
A. Chatting. B. clamouring C. Discussing. D. Declaring
Correct answer: A. Chatting.
13. No company can thrive in a depressed economy. A. grow. subside. C. mature D. ripen
Correct answer:. A. Grow
- Many mothers still fret about their grown-up children. A. Complain. B. Boast C. Think. D. Worry
Correct answer : D. Worry
- Nobody expects a son to treat his father so shabbily. A. freely. B. disrespectfully C. annoyingly D. deceitfully
Correct answer : B. disrespectfully
- Our search for her failed so we abandoned
A. stopped. B. rounded C. deserted. D. avoided.
Correct answer : A. stopped.
- The penalty for rape in some countries is life imprisonment.
A . fine B. punishment. C. payment D. atonement.
Correct answer: B. punishment
- I was very serious but my friend dismissed my points. A.rejected. abonded C.cleared. D.sacked .
Correct answer : A. rejected
- some teachers are endowed with great tolerance. A. honoured. B. blessed. C. old. D. left
Correct answer : B. blessed
- Mr Brown is so captivated by his wife’s beauty that he has sworn never to come home late again. A. compelled. B. captured C.changed D.charmed
Correct answer : D. charmed .
- Instead of being aggressive the culprit was conciliatory.
A . assertive. B forceful. C. violent D. insistent
Correct answer : C. violent.
- There is something about this man is that’s most people find odious. A. impolite. B. odd C. replusive . D. funny
Correct answer : C. replusive.
- Stanley was caught by Mr. Jones when he tried to mimic A. colour. B.imitate.
Correct answer : B. imitate
- In an angry disposition, the guard rushed at the thief. A.stature. B. behaviour
Correct answer : D. mood
- As soon as he heard the news, he became motionless with shock A. transfixed B. unwilling C. dreadful. D. redundant
Correct answer : A. transfixed
- The innocent boy was lured by his peers into drug addiction.
A.enticed. B.pulled C.forced. D.dragged.
Correct answer : A. enticed
- Esinam pursued prudent financial policies in her ccompany..
A.amazing. B. clear C. sound. D. cooperative.
Correct answer : C. sound
- We have to meet again because they are still some outstanding matters .
A. prominent. B. unsettled C. not-easy. D. difficult
Correct answer : A. prominent
29.The mob challenged Peter’s audacious behaviour.
A.irritative. B.friendly C. daring. D. lenient.
Correct answer : C. daring.
- The Executive Committee had to summon an emergency meeting to address the cries .A. assemble. B. allow C. conduct. D. call
Correct answer : D. call.
- After accepting his appointment as a History professor, they discovered that he was a complete sham. A. rude person B. imposter C. disgrace D. failure
Correct answer : B. imposter
- He resented any criticism of the way he worked.
A. felt annoyed about B.disagreed with
C. always ignored D. doubted
Correct answer : A. felt annoyed about
33. Many people loathe working on Sundays.
A. love B. hate C. fret D. disregard
Correct answer : B. hate
- His financial situation is so precarious that very soon he may be insolvent.
A. dependant B. bankrupt C. begging D. lending
Correct answer : B. bankrupt
- Many public officers are sometimes defamed by the press. A. libelled B. praised C. celebrated D.mocked
Correct answer :. A. libelled
36. Many listeners disliked the haughty manner in which the minister spoke.
A. welcoming B. harsh C. arrogant D. insulting.
Correct answer : C. arrogant
- His face gleamed with excitement when he received the award. A. shone B. filled C. grew D. moved
Correct answer : A. shone
- We won the match because our defense was impregnable. A. qualified B. unbeatable C. faithful D. skilled
Correct answer :. B. unbeatable
39.Some bosses are fond of harassing their staff.
A. fighting B. beating C. condemning D. intimidating
Correct answer :. D. intimidating
- Adabla couldn’t entrust his business to the first son because of the latter’s erratic behaviour .
A.unstable B.care-free C. inflexible D.extravagant
Correct answer :. A.unstable.
- I dislike John for being loquacious A. understanding B. inquisitive C talkative D. fanciful
Correct answer : C talkative
- The accused prayed the judge for leniency . A. asked B. thanked C. praised D. begged
Correct answer :. D. begged
- For Esi to run the 800 metres in 9 minutes, she must be endowed with prodigious strength. A. tremendous B. horrible C. awful D. magnanimous
Correct answer :. A. tremendous
- Amaziah has few pals because his actions are often inimical to his mates’ interests. A. deadly B. harmful entertaining D. sincere
Correct answer :. B. harmful
- The rebels feared reprisal from the village they had attacked earlier in the week. A. refusal B. response C. retaliation D. rejection
Correct answer : C. retaliation
- To reveal a loved one’s secrets is treachery. A. cowardice B. deadly C. faithfulness D. betrayal
Correct answer :. D. betrayal
- We are prepared to support any ideas which catch our fancy. A. desire B. imagination C. mode D. thoughts
Correct answer :. B. imagination
- The fans were ardent in their support for the team. A. passionate B. eager C. careful D. fierce
Correct answer :. A. passionate
- They were so engrossed in the movie that they forgot it was time for dinner. A. spirited B. interested C. absorbed D. hidden
Correct answer :. C. absorbed
- Stealing is considered scandalous in all societies.
A. reasonable B. disgraceful C. unhealthy D. evil
Correct answer :. B. disgraceful