English language Objectives and Answers WASSCE Standard Part I
Seekersnewsgh By Esther Yeboah
ENGLISH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
Hello Students, Here are some WASSCE questions and answers on English, Kindly Go through as many times as possible.
We have prepared it in such a way that, the questions come with immediate answers, this is to help you get immediate feedback and also ensure you’re going through it in a relaxed manner.
Here we go, if you have any question or you’re a Teacher and you need this pdf send us a message. You can also comment below this post.
ASPECT: SYNONYMS ( WORDS SIMILAR IN MEANING).
- It is the pressure of work that has necessitated his early retirement. A. volume B. bitterness. C. strain D. weight.
Correct answer: A. volume
- The connection between the event and an earlier attack on the president was described as very remote
A.vague. B. distant. C. real D.unknown
Correct answer:. D. unknown
- The church was eager to reward Awudu for his enthusiasm A. Loyalty. B. Obedience C. Zeal D. Faith.
Correct answer: C. zeal
- How else could we have gone through the spate of harassment? A Suffered. B. Sustained C. Escaped. D. Endured
Correct answer: A. suffered
- How come Sebastian is so ill-mannered? A. arrogant. B. Bad-tempered C. Rough D. Rude
Correct answer: D. rude
- Abena made derogatory remarks about the standard of my work. A. Uncomplimentary. B. Unsupportive C. Senseless. D. Ignorant
Correct answer: A. Uncomplimentary.
- It is possible to draw a parallel between the two positions. A. Agreement. B. Line C. liking. D. Similarity
Correct answer: D. Similarity.
- Irish Catherine would stop pestering me about decorating the house. A. Compelling. B. Reminding C. Bothering. D. Involving Correct answer: C. bothering.
9. Space travelers set sterling examples of endurance.
A. Outstanding. B. Surpassing C. Motivating. D. Promising
Correct answer: A. outstanding.
10. She vowed to avenge the inhuman treatment meted out to her.
A. Reciprocate. B. Retaliate C. repay. D. Return
Correct answer: B. Retaliate
- My mother was annoyed with me; apparently she had not received my letter. A. certainly. B. Sadly C. Obviously. D. Really
Correct answer:. C. Obviously
12. These two women are always together gossiping about their neighbours.
A. Chatting. B. clamouring C. Discussing. D. Declaring
Correct answer: A. Chatting.
13. No company can thrive in a depressed economy. A. grow. subside. C. mature D. ripen
Correct answer:. A. Grow
- Many mothers still fret about their grown-up children. A. Complain. B. Boast C. Think. D. Worry
Correct answer : D. Worry
- Nobody expects a son to treat his father so shabbily. A. freely. B. disrespectfully C. annoyingly D. deceitfully
Correct answer : B. disrespectfully
- Our search for her failed so we abandoned
A. stopped. B. rounded C. deserted. D. avoided.
Correct answer : A. stopped.
- The penalty for rape in some countries is life imprisonment.
A . fine B. punishment. C. payment D. atonement.
Correct answer: B. punishment
- I was very serious but my friend dismissed my points. A.rejected. abonded C.cleared. D.sacked .
Correct answer : A. rejected
- some teachers are endowed with great tolerance. A. honoured. B. blessed. C. old. D. left
Correct answer : B. blessed
- Mr Brown is so captivated by his wife’s beauty that he has sworn never to come home late again. A. compelled. B. captured C.changed D.charmed
Correct answer : D. charmed .
- Instead of being aggressive the culprit was conciliatory.
A . assertive. B forceful. C. violent D. insistent
Correct answer : C. violent.
- There is something about this man is that’s most people find odious. A. impolite. B. odd C. replusive . D. funny
Correct answer : C. replusive.
- Stanley was caught by Mr. Jones when he tried to mimic A. colour. B.imitate.
Correct answer : B. imitate
- In an angry disposition, the guard rushed at the thief. A.stature. B. behaviour
Correct answer : D. mood
- As soon as he heard the news, he became motionless with shock A. transfixed B. unwilling C. dreadful. D. redundant
Correct answer : A. transfixed
- The innocent boy was lured by his peers into drug addiction.
A.enticed. B.pulled C.forced. D.dragged.
Correct answer : A. enticed
- Esinam pursued prudent financial policies in her ccompany..
A.amazing. B. clear C. sound. D. cooperative.
Correct answer : C. sound
- We have to meet again because they are still some outstanding matters .
A. prominent. B. unsettled C. not-easy. D. difficult
Correct answer : A. prominent
29.The mob challenged Peter’s audacious behaviour.
A.irritative. B.friendly C. daring. D. lenient.
Correct answer : C. daring.
- The Executive Committee had to summon an emergency meeting to address the cries .A. assemble. B. allow C. conduct. D. call
Correct answer : D. call.
- After accepting his appointment as a History professor, they discovered that he was a complete sham. A. rude person B. imposter C. disgrace D. failure
Correct answer : B. imposter
- He resented any criticism of the way he worked.
A. felt annoyed about B.disagreed with
C. always ignored D. doubted
Correct answer : A. felt annoyed about
33. Many people loathe working on Sundays.
A. love B. hate C. fret D. disregard
Correct answer : B. hate
- His financial situation is so precarious that very soon he may be insolvent.
A. dependant B. bankrupt C. begging D. lending
Correct answer : B. bankrupt
- Many public officers are sometimes defamed by the press. A. libelled B. praised C. celebrated D.mocked
Correct answer :. A. libelled
36. Many listeners disliked the haughty manner in which the minister spoke.
A. welcoming B. harsh C. arrogant D. insulting.
Correct answer : C. arrogant
- His face gleamed with excitement when he received the award. A. shone B. filled C. grew D. moved
Correct answer : A. shone
- We won the match because our defense was impregnable. A. qualified B. unbeatable C. faithful D. skilled
Correct answer :. B. unbeatable
39.Some bosses are fond of harassing their staff.
A. fighting B. beating C. condemning D. intimidating
Correct answer :. D. intimidating
- Adabla couldn’t entrust his business to the first son because of the latter’s erratic behaviour .
A.unstable B.care-free C. inflexible D.extravagant
Correct answer :. A.unstable.
- I dislike John for being loquacious A. understanding B. inquisitive C talkative D. fanciful
Correct answer : C talkative
- The accused prayed the judge for leniency . A. asked B. thanked C. praised D. begged
Correct answer :. D. begged
- For Esi to run the 800 metres in 9 minutes, she must be endowed with prodigious strength. A. tremendous B. horrible C. awful D. magnanimous
Correct answer :. A. tremendous
- Amaziah has few pals because his actions are often inimical to his mates’ interests. A. deadly B. harmful entertaining D. sincere
Correct answer :. B. harmful
- The rebels feared reprisal from the village they had attacked earlier in the week. A. refusal B. response C. retaliation D. rejection
Correct answer : C. retaliation
- To reveal a loved one’s secrets is treachery. A. cowardice B. deadly C. faithfulness D. betrayal
Correct answer :. D. betrayal
- We are prepared to support any ideas which catch our fancy. A. desire B. imagination C. mode D. thoughts
Correct answer :. B. imagination
- The fans were ardent in their support for the team. A. passionate B. eager C. careful D. fierce
Correct answer :. A. passionate
- They were so engrossed in the movie that they forgot it was time for dinner. A. spirited B. interested C. absorbed D. hidden
Correct answer :. C. absorbed
- Stealing is considered scandalous in all societies.
A. reasonable B. disgraceful C. unhealthy D. evil
Correct answer :. B. disgraceful
Integrated Science Lessons SHS
JOIN SHS LEARNERS ON TELEGRAM