Latest Educational Updates

How to replace lost or Missing / Damaged Ghana Card anywhere in the Country

How to replace lost or Missing / Damaged Ghana Card anywhere in the Country

Is your Ghana Card missing? or Your wallet has  just been snatched?

No worries, Here is a simple step to follow  to replace the card.

You don’t even need to remember the Ghana card number.


Here are the steps to replace a missing Ghana Card

Replacement process

Go to any police station and file a report on the missing card. It is free. The Officers will assist you in filling the forms.


You will be given a document to submit to the National Identification Authority (NIA) for the replacement.


At the NIA office, you will have to take a form for card replacement.


For Ghanaians, you Pay a current amount of Ghc 30.15 via mobile money.


Non-Ghanaians Replacing loss Non-Ghanaian Identity Card, You pay U$ 60 or its equivalence


The payment will be verified by the officers.


Payment can also be done at the Bank.



Your information will be verified once more before confirmation for printing of the Card.


The Police report will be verified.  The following questions will also be asked


Full Name

Your Mother’s Name

Mobile Number

Father’s Name


And some other few security questions only you can remember.

This is done to ensure the card really belongs to you, and you are not impersonating anyone.

Printing the Card

Before the cards will be printed, your biometric data will be collected thus scanning your fingers etc

After the card is printed, your Biometric data will be once again verified for collection.


Where to replace the Ghana Card.

You don’t have to travel all the way to where you registered to replace your lost or Damaged Ghana Card.

Any Branch of NIA across the country will be ready to replace for you.


Where and when do you qualify to Register as a Foreigner

Foreign Nationals who stay in Ghana for a period of at least 90 cumulative days in any given year or those who are

permanently resident in the country should go to the permanent registration centres or the NIA Offices Across the country  to register for their Non-citizen Ghana Card:





Peter N. Djangmah is a multifaceted individual with a passion for education, entrepreneurship, and blogging. With a firm belief in the power of digital education and science, I am affectionately known as the Private Minister of Information. Connect with me
4 1 vote
Article Rating
Notify of

Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
June 5, 2023 8:45 am

So non citizen have to pay 60 usdt for a stolen card then am not paying

Richard Kodzo Anomanyo
Richard Kodzo Anomanyo
September 28, 2022 10:48 pm

What about changing wrong data on the card?

December 2, 2022 10:57 pm

Nia and the police should talk if the police report is free then why do the police have to collect money from the individual .my ghana card nfc was not workIng I went to the office to fix that error they asked me to pay 35Gh and they asked me to go for police report as I went to the police station after everything was done the officer ask me to pay 40gh before he will give me the form. so nia what should I do ? And due to that my SIM card that brings me my daily bread has been disconnected

Daniel offei
Daniel offei
January 26, 2023 1:07 am
Reply to  Peter

I paid 50 cedis at community 1 police station for the police report

August 14, 2023 2:31 pm
Reply to  Peter

Not new. I was also asked to pay 50gh at the police station meanwhile all my money is in my momo and I need to do a sim replacement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x

Adblock Detected

Kindly turn on ads to support our work