A total of 81persons, according to the National Elections Directorate of the NDC , went through the vetting and balloting processes to enable them to compete in the elections slated for December 17, 2022, in Accra and 10th December, 2022 in cape Coast.
The National Democratic Congress will hold its 10th National Delegates Congress on the 17th of December 2022 to elect a new set of National Executives for the party.
In all, about 9,000 constituency, regional and national executives who are the accredited delegates to the Congress will be transported to Accra and accommodated.
However, the elections to choose its National Youth and Women Executives will be held on December 10, 2022, at Cape Coast, Central Region.
Speaking to Citi News, a Member of the NDC Elections Committee, Daniel Amartey, says all is set for the elections come December 17, 2022.
“We have already arranged for their accommodation, we are expecting the regional delegates to start arriving soon on Friday, and they will move to Congress village where they will be housed. In Cape Coast, we also are expecting the delegates of the Youth and Women to arrive on December 9, 2022, they will be housed at the University of Cape Coast.”
Positions for grab
The positions that are up for grabs in the national contest are Chairman, Vice-Chairman, General Secretary and Deputy General Secretary, Organiser and Deputy Organiser, Communication Officer and Deputy Communication Officer.
National Chairmanship position of the party
- Incumbent National Chairman, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo,
- Incumbent General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketiah;
- Former Deputy Minister of Works and Housing, Samuel Yaw Adusei
- The former Greater Accra Regional Minister, Nii Armah Ashitey.
General Secretary position
- Current Director of Elections, Elvis Afriyie Ankrah;
- The incumbent Deputy General Secretary, Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor
- Former Minister of Food and Agriculture and former Member of Parliament (MP) for Ketu South, Fifi Fiavi Kwetey.
National Organiser position
- Joseph Yamin, Sidii Abubakar Musah,
- Solomon Yaw Nkansah
- The incumbent, Joshua Hamidu Akamba.
No other person has filed to contest the position of Communication Officer apart from the incumbent, Sammy Gyamfi.
- Incumbent, Dr Hanna Louisa Bisiw
- Margaret Ansei, a former MCE for Suhum.
- Incumbent, George Opare Addo,
- The Ashanti Regional Youth Organiser, Brogya Genfi.