NOV-DEC 2022 Registration Commence on Monday.. How to..-WAEC
WASSCE (PC) 2022 REGISTRATION OF CANDIDATES
The West African Examinations Council wishes to inform the general public that registration of candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates, will commence on Monday, 23rd May, 2022 and end on Tuesday, 16th August, 2022.
- HOW TO REGISTER
- DATES FOR SUBMISSION
For detailed information on the registration procedure, prospective candidates are to log onto the WAEC website
NOTES FOR THE GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES
Please read these instructions carefully before proceeding to register for the examination.
Candidates are required to capture their fingerprints at designated internet cafés prior to the
REGISTRATION OF CANDIDATES
Prospective candidates are to follow the steps below to register:
(1) Open the registration website: www.waecgh.org
(2) Select link to WASSCE for Private Candidates
(3) Click on START REGISTRATION HERE.
(4) Fill in the required security information data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
(5) Fill in your personal information.
(6) Upload your picture. (See Caption 9 for details)
(7) Upload your signature.
(8) Select the Region and the Centre where you wish to take the examination.
(9) Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
(10) Print your voucher and take it to any of the banks listed in Caption 16.
(11) Pay the appropriate fees at the bank.
(12) You will use your Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission
Notice from mid October, 2021.
NOTE THAT YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT VALID UNTIL YOU PAY THE
STEP TO REGISTER
STEP TO LOGIN
Start the registration by creating a profile for yourself using a valid email address and password. This email address and password will be used for subsequent logins. On successful login or profile creation, you will be directed to the Registration Page
REGISTRATION PERSONAL INFORMATION
Candidates are Required to enter their surnames FIRST Before OTHER NAMES. You are also required to enter your personal information which includes: Name, Date of Birth, Region, Email Address, Postal Address, and Disability. Note that your name must not be more than 40 characters. This includes spaces between the first name, last name and initials. Your postal address must not be more than 60 characters, including spaces.
In addition to Personal Information, you will be required to supply Centre and Subject Information
Select the region and centre at which you wish to write the examination. The exact venue will be assigned to you later.
Select the subjects you wish to register for the examination. Please note that the maximum number of subjects allowed is 8.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD YOUR SCANNED RECENT PASSPORT SIZED PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE SIGNATURE YOU GIVE IS THE ONE YOU USUALLY USE.
The dimensions of the scanned photograph should be between 160pixels (Width) by 200pixels (Height). The dimensions of the scanned signature should be between 250pixels (Width) by 150pixels (Height).
On completion of the Registration Form, Click on the Preview Button to review your form.
Finally on click of Submit button the system will complete the Registration process and generate an Invoice showing amount due. You are required to print this invoice and take it to the bank for payment.
PENALTY BIODATA MODIFICATION AND ADDITION OF SUBJECTS
After payment must have been made at the bank, Candidates wishing to change their Biodata and or add more subjects are required to use the Penalty module to do so.
To use this module, follow these steps:
Login with email and password, select Penalty Type.
Make the required modification and submit following the same process as outlined in Fresh Registration above. An invoice for the modification will be generated for candidates to print and take to the bank for payment.
Please note that these modifications will not be effected in the system unless payment is made at the bank.
CONFIRMATION PAGE PRINTING OF CONFIRMATION PAGE
Candidates are required to visit this site for printing of Confirmation Page after making payment at the bank
JOIN SHS LEARNERS PLATFORM.
Click here to download the WAEC Biometric Software
2. DATES FOR THE EXAMINATION
The examination is scheduled to start in November and end in December. The Timetable may be accessed by downloading it from the registration interface. Candidates are advised to study the Timetable carefully in order to avoid a clash of subjects.
3. SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
The schedule for the receipt of entries is as follows:
, Monday, 23rd May, 2022 and end on Tuesday, 16th August, 2022. Registration and payment
11th – 16th August, 2021, Payment for normal registration only
4. You may contact any of the Council’s Offices in the list below for further information:
(1) GREATER ACCRA REGION Private Candidates’ Examination Administration Department (PCEAD)
(Examination Loop, near Ridge Hospital)
(2) ASHANTI REGION The WAEC Branch Office, Kumasi (Near KTI, Amakom) Tel: 0322034452/0322034449
(3) WESTERN/WESTERN NORTH REGIONS The WAEC Branch Office, Sekondi (Near the Sekondi Anglican Cathedral) Tel: 03120-46334
(4) CENTRAL REGION The WAEC Branch Office, Cape Coast ( Mempeasem) Tel: 03122-96508
(5) VOLTA/OTI REGIONS
The WAEC Branch Office, Ho (Opposite Roads and Highways Office) 03620-28254
(6) EASTERN REGION
The WAEC Branch Office, Koforidua (Old Estate, Nsukwao) Tel: 03420-20922/23
(7) BONO/BONO EAST/ AHAFO REGIONS The WAEC Branch Office, Sunyani (Behind Ghana Legion & Municipal Assembly Offices) Tel: 03520-24462
(8) NORTHERN/NORTH EAST/ SAVANNAH REGIONS
The WAEC Branch Office, Tamale (Adjacent to GNAT Hostel) Tel: 03720-22854/23092
(9) UPPER EAST REGION
The WAEC Branch Office, Bolgatanga (SOE Residential Area, near Catering Rest House) 03820-23232/24267
(10) UPPER WEST REGION
The WAEC Branch Office, Wa (behind Dept of Feeder Roads, Chako) 03920-22278/205883
JOIN SHS LEARNERS PLATFORM.
Your Index Number will be generated by the Office; you may access it online by mid
October using your Invoice Number.
Candidates should ensure that their names are properly entered.
(1) SURNAME should be entered first, followed by the FIRST NAME and then
OTHER NAME (if any).
(2) Full name should not exceed forty (40) characters.
For example: OBIRI-YEBOAH JONATHAN KWASI should be entered as
O B I R I – Y E B O A H J O N A T H A N K
(3) Candidates with hyphenated names should ensure that the hyphen is appropriately
NB: Candidate’s surname and first name should always be entered in full.
7. DATE OF BIRTH
Candidates should ensure that their correct date of birth is entered. Note that, requests for
correction/amendment of date of birth after release of results WILL not be permitted.
8. E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Candidates should ensure that they provide accurate and active e-mail addresses and
telephone numbers. The Council will correspond with candidates via the e-mail or
telephone numbers provided.
9. SPECIFICATIONS OF PASSPORT-SIZED PHOTOGRAPHS
Passport-sized photographs of candidates must meet the following requirements:
(1) Dimensions: 160 pixels (width) by 200 pixels (length);
(2) Background should be plain white or off-white;
(3) Candidate’s images should be captured without spectacles or sunglasses;
(4) Both ears of candidates must appear;
(5) All features of the face (forehead, eyes, nose, mouth and chin) must appear in the
(6) Image should be centered;
(7) Candidates must look straight into the camera.
Candidates are to personally ensure that their correct photographs are uploaded.
Requests for change of photograph after release of results WILL not be permitted.
THE WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATION COUNCIL (WAEC) WILL NOT BEAR
THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WRONG DATA CAPTURED
PLEASE KINDLY CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATES
(1) Subject Fees
The subject fees are as follows:
6 or more subjects … … GH¢480.30
5 subjects … … … GH¢458.99
4 subjects … … … GH¢436.26
3 subjects … … … GH¢410.70
2 subjects … … … GH¢395.07
1 subject … … … GH¢379.45
(2) Fees for Oral/Practical/Project Work
Candidates who offer subjects with oral/practical/project work component will pay
additional fees as follows:
GH¢59.82 per subject for Practical Test
GH¢59.82 per subject for Project Work
GH¢43.07 per subject for Oral (English, Arabic and French)
(3) Correction of Entries
After submission of entries, any amendments by candidates during the registration
period will attract the following charges:
GH¢50.00 plus Practical/Project Work/Oral fee where applicable
GH₵100.00 for correction of centre, name, date of birth, address, picture or
substitution of subject.
For addition of subject(s), the fees are as stated in 15(1) and 15 (2) above.
Entries made after the normal registration period will attract the following:
(a) Late Entry: One and half (1½) times the total entry fee;
(b) Substitution of Subject(s): One and half (1½) times the subject(s) fee indicated
in 15(1) and 15(2) above;
(c) Addition of Subject(s): Twice the subject(s) fee indicated in 15(1) and 15(2)
(d) Correction of name, date of birth, address, or signature: GH¢100.00.
(5) Provision of kit for examination
Each candidate will be provided with a kit comprising non-programmable calculator,
mathematical set and time piece.
16. LIST OF DESIGNATED BANKS
Candidates may pay their registration fees at any branch of the following banks:
(1) Prudential Bank (GH) Limited
(2) Zenith Bank (GH) Limited
(3) Bank of Africa (GH) Limited
(4) United Bank of Africa (UBA)
(5) Ecobank (GH) Limited
(6) Access Bank
(7) FBN Bank (GH) Limited
(8) Consolidated Bank (GH) Limited
(9) Agriculture Development Bank (ADB) (only in the following regions):
EASTERN, OTI, VOLTA, NORTHERN, NORTH EAST, SAVANNAH, UPPER
EAST, UPPER WEST, BONO, BONO EAST AND AHAFO
The registration shall become valid only after the requisite fee has been paid and the
appropriate receipt obtained by the candidate at the bank.
REFUND OF FEES
The West African Examinations Council, (WAEC), does NOT undertake to refund fees paid
for its services. However, if notice of withdrawal of candidature is received early,
consideration may be given for the refund of fee paid, solely at the discretion of the Council.
18. REQUEST FOR RE-MARKING
Requests for remarking received 60 days after the release of final results would not be
considered. Any candidate who makes a request for remarking will be required to pay the
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL ASSESSMENT NEEDS
Candidates with special assessment needs (example: physically challenged, visually impaired
and hearing impaired) who are duly registered for the examination should complete the
attached Form A and forward it to the Council to enable us make special arrangements for
them. This notification should be received not later than October, 2022
(1) Additional time
Candidates who are visually/hearing impaired would be allowed additional 50% of the
time allotted to other candidates.
(2) Oral tests
Hearing impaired candidates would be exempt from Oral Tests.
ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATES
Certificates would be issued to candidates upon request after release of results. Requests for
addition and rearrangement of names after printing of certificate would not be permitted.