QUALIFICATION FOR STUDY LEAVE WITH PAY 2022/2023
For any member of the Ghana Education Service to benefit from the above-mentioned content, he or she must be eligible by satisfying the following requirements;
1. Applicant must serve three (3) years after completing the College of Education
2. GES staff who served two years in a deprived district/school, is eligible.
3. The qualified applicant must pursue an approved course as determined by the Director General of the Ghana Education Service.
4. GES Staff pursuing second and third degrees do not qualify for study with pay but could pursue sandwich or distance programmes.
5. Teachers who have attained the rank of Principal Superintendent through sandwich and Distance courses do not qualify for study leave with pay.
6. GES staff who are fifty-five years and above do not qualify for study leave with pay.
1. Loss of salary and SSNIT contribution
2. Denial of outright posting after course.
3. Challenges of re-engagement, especially through replacement where a staff number is required. TOR (HRM)
4. Denial of promotion while in school.
5. Years in school not counted as years of service
Eligible applicants are to obtain the study leave with pay forms at the Registry.
CLOSING DATE: All completed forms should reach the Municipal Education Office (Training Officer’s Desk) on or before Friday, 17th June, 2022 for onward submission to the Regional Directorate.