Press released by the FDA Ghana.
All operators of food service establishments are to note that it is illegal to operate without a valid Food Hygiene Permit. Section 130 (1) of the Public Health Act, 2012 (Act 851) states that “A person shall not manufacture for sale, sell, supply or store products regulated under this Part except in premises registered for that purpose under this Part.”
In view of the above, all food service establishments are required to regularise their activities by:
• Downloading a Food Hygiene Permit Application Form from the FDA website, www.fdaghana.gov.gh. Hard copies can also be obtained from our Head Office at Shiashie or Tema Branch (FDA Heights) located on the Meridian Road or any of our Regional Offices nationwide.
• Submit completed application forms (attaching a copy of your business registration certificate) to the offices indicated above.
All food service establishments already registered with the FDA are to immediately display their certificates.
Operators are to note that effective August 2022, the FDA will not hesitate to impose regulatory sanctions on establishments that fail to comply with this directive. Food service establishments include the following:
• Restaurants, hotels, cafeterias and cafes
• Food service operations in institutions including hospitals
• Food catering establishment
• Suppliers to cruise boats and ship, events, canteens
• Mobile vending operators and food delivery businesses etc.
The general public is hereby admonished to be on the lookout for Food Hygiene Permits in these establishments
before patronizing their services in order to safeguard their own health and safety.
For any further enquiries, please contact us any of the following: