The Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) has approved the ceding of eight Colleges of Education with a technical and vocational orientation to the Akenten Appiah Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development (AAMUSTED).
Following an assessment by GTEC, it has been confirmed that AAMUSTED is prepared and equipped to mentor the specified Colleges of Education.
The Letter Reads,
CEDING OF EIGHT (8) COLLEGES OF EDUCATION TO THE AKENTEN APPIAH MENKA UNIVERSITY OF SKILLS TRAINING AND ENTREPRENEURIAL
As part of the agreements reached between the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) and the
Akenten Appiah Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development
(AtMUSTED) in an MoU signed on the 8th of December, 2021, Colleges of Education of Technical and Vocational orientation were to be handed over to AAMUSTED.
In fulfilment of the above, the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) conducted an
assessment to ascertain the readiness of the Akenten Appiah Menka University of Skills Training
and Entrepreneurial Development to mentor the Technical and Vocational Colleges.
The Commission confirms that AAMUSTED is ready and in a position to mentor the following
Colleges of Education:
1. Ada College of Education, Ada Foah, Greater Acera Region
2. Akatsi College of Education, Akatsi, Volta Region,
3 Bagabaga College of Eaueation. Tamale, Northern Region
4. Wiawso College of Education, Sewfi-Wiawso, Western-North Region
5. St. John Bosco College of Education, Navrongo, Upper East Region
6. Nusrat Jaban Abmadiyya College of Education, Wa, Upper West Region
7. Mampong Technical College of Education, Mampong- Ashanti, Ashanti Region
8. Komenda College of Education, Komenda, Central Region