The Planning Portal is an online platform in the United Kingdom that provides information and services related to planning and building regulations. It is a government-backed resource designed to help individuals, businesses, and professionals navigate the planning process.
The NI Planning Portal offers various services, including:
1. Application submission: Users can submit planning permission applications, building control applications, and other related documents online.
2. Guidance and advice: The portal provides guidance and resources on a wide range of planning and building topics, such as permitted development rights, planning policy, and sustainability.
3. Interactive tools: Users can access various interactive tools, including a fee calculator, a document download area, and an online map viewer.
4. Local authority search: The portal allows users to search for planning applications and decisions made by local authorities.
5. Building regulations information: The Planning Portal provides information and resources on building regulations, including technical guidance and documents.
Overall, the Planning Portal aims to streamline the planning process, make information more accessible and transparent, and help users understand and comply with planning and building regulations.
view planning applications
To view planning applications, you can follow these steps:
1. Start by visiting the NI Planning Portal
2. Look for the “Planning” or “Planning Applications” section on the website. It mostly listed under services or departments related to urban development, land use, or construction.
3. Once you find the planning applications section, you may have different options for how to view them. Some common options include:
a. Search by application number: If you know the specific application number, you can search for it directly. This is useful if you are looking for updates on a particular application.
b. Search by address or location: If you have a specific property or location in mind, you can search for planning applications associated with that address or location. This is helpful if you want to know about proposed developments near your home or an area of interest.
c. Browse by date or category: Some authorities provide options to browse planning applications by date range or specific categories such as residential, commercial, or infrastructure. This can be useful if you want to see all recent applications within a specific time frame or sector.
4. Use the search, browse, or filter functions provided to narrow down the list of planning applications based on your criteria. This will help you find the specific application or range of applications you are interested in.
5. Once you have located the planning application(s) you want to view, click on the relevant link or application number to access detailed information. This may include documents such as project plans, architectural drawings, environmental impact assessments, and any comments or objections received.
6. Take the time to carefully review the information provided for each planning application. This will give you a clear understanding of the proposed development, its potential impact on the area, and any public feedback or concerns raised.
7. If you have any questions or require further information about a specific planning application, contact the NI Planning department or officer responsible for handling planning applications.
NI Planning Portal https://planningregister.planningsystemni.gov.uk/simple-search