SEEKERS EXAMINATION UNIT
DENTITION, FEEDING AND DIGESTION IN MAMMALS
- In humans, the incisors are used for
A. Chewing food
B. Cutting food
C. Grinding food tearing food
D. Tearing food
Ans; B. Cutting food
- A person who needs glucose can take
D. Citric acid
Ans: C. Starch
- Which of the following parts of the tooth may be damaged when hot or very cold food is put into the mouth?
A. Pulp cavity
Ans; C. Enamel
- Gastric juice contains the enzyme known as
Ans: A. Pepsin
- The type of teeth used for biting and cutting are the
Ans: B. Incisors
- The main functions of the gizzard in a domestic fowl is to
A. Store the feed
B. Synthesize vitamin B
C. Grind the feed
D. Secrete digestive juices
Ans: C. Grind the feed
- Which of the following diseases is associated with the human liver?
Ans: Cirrhosis ( hardening of the liver)
- The true stomach of a sheep is the
Ans: A. Abomasum
- The incisors are well developed in animals which feed mainly on
Ans; D. Flesh
- Which of the following sugars is the smallest of starch?
Ans: A. Glucose
- The hardest part of the tooth is the
- Which of the following type of teeth is used to capture and kill prey?
- Damage to the liver in humans could be affect the digestion of
C. Fatty meat
D. Boiled yam
Ans; C. fatty meat
- Which of the following type of teeth is specialized for cutting through lumps of food.
Ans: A. Incisor
- Which of the following structures store bile?
D. Gall bladder
Ans; D. Gall bladder
- The function of the villi of the small intestine is to
A. Allow enzymes to act faster on food substance
B. Allow easy passage of undigested food into the colon
C. Facilitate the diffusion of lymph
D. Provide a large surface area for absorption
Ans; D. Provide a large surface area for absorption
- The digestion of cellulose in the rumen of sheep is carried out by
Ans: A. Bacteria
- Fats and oils are emulsified in the small intestine by
Ans; A. Bile
- A fowl temporally stores food in its
Ans: C. Crop
- One of the reasons of brushing the teeth regularly is to
A. Reduce amount of saliva in the mouth
B. Remove dead cheek cells from the mouth
C. Dilute alkali content of saliva
D. Reduce bacterial activity in the mouth.
Ans: D. Reduce bacterial activity in the mouth.
- Indigestion is caused by
A. Drinking a lot of water
B. Taking unbalanced diet
C. Improper chewing of food.
D. Inadequate intake of food
Ans C. Improper chewing of food.
- The site for digestion of all food substances in the human system is the
Ans : A. Duodenum
- The process of removing undigested food material out of the body is termed
Ans A. Egestion
- Saliva performs the following functions during digestion except
A. Making food soft and easy to swallow
B. Converting starch to maltose
C. Providing appropriate pH medium for salivary amylase.
D. Enable easy passage of food down the oesophagus.
Ans: D. enable easy passage of food down the oesophagus
- Which of the following types of teeth is absent in a herbivore?
Ans: A. Canine
- The small intestine of mammals is very long. This is an advantage because it
A. Prevents the animal from hunger
B. Allows water to be absorbed faster
C. Provide enough surface area for digestion to be completed
D. Enables digestion to occur at a faster rate
Ans: C. Provide enough surface area for digestion to be completed
- The dental formula of a mammal is given below. Determine the total number of incisors
I 2/2 C 1/1 PM 2/2 M 3/3
Ans: D. 8
- The function of the proventriculus in the digestive system of a fowl is to
A. Store the food
B. Absorb the food substance
C. Grind the food
D. Secrete digestive enzymes
Ans; D. Secrete digestive enzymes
- Which of the following animals has a Diastema?
Ans: B. Goat
- In the herbivore, the incisors are located in the
A. Front of the upper jaw
B. Front of the lower jaw
C. Back of the upper jaw
D. Back of the lower jaw
Ans: B. front of the lower jaw.
SOFT COPY WILL BE UPLOADED SOON FOR DOWNLOAD……..