National identity document India
The National identity document in India is called the Aadhaar card.
It is a unique 12-digit identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to residents of India, based on their biometric and demographic data.
The Aadhaar card serves as proof of identity and address for various government and private services in India.
It is a biometric-enabled smart card that includes the individual’s photograph, biometric information (fingerprint and iris scan), and basic demographic information.
The Aadhaar card is considered an essential identification document in India and is used for various purposes, including opening bank accounts, applying for government subsidies and benefits, filing income tax returns, and more.
The department responsible to issue the National identity Document India
UIDAI was established in 2009 by the Government of India to issue Aadhaar cards and manage the Aadhaar database.
UIDAI is responsible for enrollment, authentication, and verification of individuals, as well as ensuring the security and privacy of Aadhaar data.
It also provides various services related to Aadhaar, such as updating demographic and biometric information, generating virtual IDs, and more.
National identity document India | Identity document number
To locate your India Identity Document Number, you can follow these steps:
1. Determine which identity document you are referring to. In India, the most commonly used identity documents are Aadhaar, PAN card, and Passport. Identify the specific document for which you need the number.
2. For Aadhaar Card:
– Visit the Aadhaar website (https://uidai.gov.in/) or open the mAadhaar mobile app.
– Log in using your Aadhaar number and OTP (One-Time Password) or biometric authentication.
– Once logged in, you can find your Aadhaar number on the front side of the Aadhaar card.
3. For PAN Card:
– Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India (https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/).
– Under the ‘Services’ or ‘Taxpayer Services’ section, locate the option for ‘Know Your PAN’.
– Follow the instructions and enter the required details such as full name, date of birth, and registered mobile number/email address.
– After validating the details, the website will display your PAN card number.