Since WASSCE is over, we have put together the marking schemes of the subjects written starting with physics. this initiative is to help students in high school currently.
- Base Unit of G- this question asks you to find the base unit of G using dimensional analysis proving your answer along the way.[G]= [R]3/[M].[T]2[G]= L3/MT2 OR [G]=M-1L3T-2Base unit of G is kg-1m3s-2
- Expression for strain, stress and modulus of elasticity- here, you are to write the expression for strain, stress and combine both to find young’s modulus.(a)strain=e/L(b)stress=F/A(c)Modulus of elasticity= F/A/e/L=Fl/Ae
- Maximum height reached by the body- This is a projection question asking you to find the maximum height reached by a projected body. h= 20t-49/10t2 compared to (1) h = ut-1/2gt2u=20 ms-2 1/2g=49/10g=9.8m/s2hmax =u2/2ghmax=202/2(9.8)
4.Angle of projection- still, your dynamics and projection knowledge is tested. you have to find the angle of projection of a body.
- H=u2sin2ɵ/2g5.2= 202sin2ɵ/2(10)sin2ɵ= (5.2*2*10/202)1/2 ɵ=30.7°
- Now on to the straight forward questions.
- Industrial applications of magnets
They are used;
- to reset the index in maximum/minimum thermometers.
- as magnetic dust in doors of refrigerators/fridges/freezers.
- to pick up stray needles/pins/iron metals.
- to post notices on magnetic boards. in loudspeakers.
- to lift heavy magnetic materials.
- in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Characteristics of Laser lights:
- it is monochromatic consists of one colour/ wavelength
- it is coherent / all points are in phase
- it is collimated / all points travel in the same / specific direction
- intensity remains constant with distance
- (a) Doping: The addition of impurities into the (lattice structure of) semiconductor
(b) Effect of donor impurities on semiconductor
- produce excess/additional electrons
- increase the electrical conductivity
Visit again for the part 2 of the WASSCE 2022 PHYSICS questions and answers…
If you don’t understand something, you can ask a friend or a facilitator in the comment section below this post….scroll Down