With the numerous warnings given to public sector workers, the Controller and Accountant General Department and other National Teams are currently visiting some institutions for the Payroll Clean-up exercise.
The Basic Verification has to do with the Linking of the NIA Number to the CAGD System.
Documents being inspected include
1. Ghana Card
2. Assumption of duty letter
3. First Appointment letter
4. Bank Account details
About 800 Teachers Cry For Help over January Withheld Salaries ;
A comment shared with seekersnewsgh is below; on the withheld salary
I would like to draw your attention as well as the attention of the whole nation, Ghana to a mishap that occurred to most teachers in the Northern region and beyond.
About 800 teachers have embargo placed on their salaries for the month of January, 2024 by CAGD and OSP, reasons being that, some of the affected teachers are earning unearned salaries and others are also on ranks without merit.
Meanwhile majority of we the affected are at post and have never been put on ranks we do not merit. All efforts to restore our salaries have proven futile and I have not heard any media house (s) discuss about it.
So, kindly add your voice to help us salvage the situation.
We have actually gotten to our weaks end and if nothing is done, most teachers will remain at home since we shall have no money to buy fuel to our various schools.
The issue is, not even our MMD Directors are aware of this issue.
The salaries were paid into our accounts and later an SMS was sent to us by our banks that CAGD and OSP has placed embargo on the salaries.
Please please please help us voice this out.
Below is the said message from our banks:
Dear Valued Customer,
We wish to inform you that payment of your January 2024 salary has been withheld upon the directives of the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP).
You may contact your employer for further clarification.
GCB, your Bank for life!
Annual School Census
Also, Teachers who did not take part in the 2023 School Census EMIS – Find Your Way on the New MOE EMIS APP For School Census.
Officers are sent to schools to assist them in completing the census.
Kindly Share this information with teachers who may online.
You can visit your district office for Help.
No Salary in March
2. Submit NIA Details to HR of the Institution:
GoG Employees who already have NIA cards before January 2024 and those who just
obtained them are to submit the NIA Card number to their respective
HR Heads before Monday 4th March 2024.
3. Integration of NIA Card Numbers with the IPPD Payroll System by HR
Covered Entities by March 20th, 2024:
Read more on HR/ Linking here Submit Ghana Cards (NIA Number) to HRs for Capture onto IPPD Payroll System CAGD
Checking Ghana Card on Epayslip Portal
The system, undergoing an upgrade but you can still see the Ghana Card icon, which was previously not there.
- The surest way is to register for the Ghana Card if you haven’t done so already, there will be automatic Updates of systems. Check your Epayslip Portal to see the Ghana Card icon. GOGPAYSLIP E-Payslip Login Portal
- Just Login and Scroll Down
- Existing staff who do not have their NIA numbers on the payroll will be required to go to any NIA office to register and submit their Ghana card numbers to the nearest HR processing centers or their institutions to be captured into the payroll system.From time to time, existing staff will go through continuous re-verifications at the request of the Controller and Accountant-General to enable them to continue to enjoy salaries.
Join our Channel Public sector salary updates for more updates Click here WHATSAPP