The anticipated total pay for a Customs Officer at the Ghana Revenue Authority is approximately GHS 10,083 per month.
This figure represents the median, derived from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and salary data collected from our users.
The estimated base pay is GHS 10,000 per month, with an additional estimated pay of GHS 83 per month, encompassing bonuses, stocks, commissions, profit sharing, or tips.
The “Most Likely Range” falls within the 25th and 75th percentiles of all pay data available for this role.
For Custom Service officers, compensation varies:
- Lower-level officers receive monthly payments between GHC2,400 and GHC5,400.
- Senior officers can expect monthly earnings ranging from GHC5,400 to GHC7,400.
- The highest-paid are the Professors, with annual salaries exceeding GHC110,000.
Your rank and how long you’ve served also gives add extra to your salary
How much does Ghana custom service pay WASSCE recruit
A degree/graduate recruit in the Ghana Immigration Service earns more than a WASSCE recruit in Customs, with an average salary of GHc 1900, excluding allowances.
Ghana customs training allowance
During the training of Custom officers, individuals are placed on the payroll and receive a salary, termed as an allowance. The current training allowances range between Ghc 1,500 and Ghc 4,000. Additional allowances are granted after completing the training.
What qualifications do you need to be a customs officer in Ghana?
Departments Under Customs:
- Port Operations
- Preventive Unit
- Post Clearance Unit
- Petroleum Operations
- Suspense Regimes
- Mining Operations
Hierarchy Within Customs: The highest order overseeing the overall activities of the Service includes:
- Deputy Commissioner
- Assistant Commissioner
- Senior Collector
- Principal Collector
- Assistant Collector
- Collection Assistant 1st Class
- Collection Assistant 2nd Class
- Collection Assistant 3rd Class
- Junior Collection Assistant 1st Class
- Junior Collection Assistant 2nd Class
- Junior Collection Assistant 3rd Class