The position is embedded in Barry Callebaut’s Ghana local Direct Sourcing Team, reporting directly to the District Manager.
This role would ensure proper records are kept for all funds received and disbursed, quality stocks are received for all seed fund allocated to the district as well as records on farmers / Purchasing Clerks of the stocks received and ensure the Katchile tool is updated properly at the district level.
- Ensuring quality and equivalent stocks are received for all seed fund allocated to the district.
- Keep proper books of accounts for all transactions at the district including all the societies (i.e. society waybills, monitors, ledgers etc.)
- Responsible for quality, evacuation of sealed stocks and proper record keeping on cocoa receipt/ evacuation to the port; Preparation of siding depot waybill and ensuring grading / scaling.
- Work closely with District/Warehouse Team on Traceability and related issues and supervise other district staff i.e. Traceability coaches, depot laborers and Security guard by training, coaching, measure performance and discipline.
- Ensure appropriate entries into designated web base platforms and Android applications – Katchile
- Responsible for the accounting of all company assets and tools of trade at the district.
- Ensure volumes delivered by farmers are recorded in both the PC stock control book and farmer passbook
- Verify, confirm farmer listing/deliveries with Purchasing Clerks as well as volumes delivered against sourcing records.
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information
- Assist the district manager in carrying out his duties and any other duties assigned
- First degree /HND/ ACCA I/ ICAI/CIMAI with Accounting option
- 2 years working experience in the cocoa bean sourcing industry of Ghana in a similar role is an added advantage.
- Ability to motivate, supervise, coordinate and monitor activities of subordinates and service providers and work under pressure.
- Proficiency in MS Office application – Word, PowerPoint and Excel to a competent standard
- Good report writing, communication and interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to speak the local language is an added advantage.
- Self-motivated with good time and stress management skills.
- Willing and able to work in the rural communities of Ghana.