All Private School Teachers who have no License are required to register and undergo training for the issuance of a temporal license to Teach in Ghana.
REGISTRATION OF NON-PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS FOR AN AUTHORIZATION
TO TEACH (EMERGENCY LICENCE)
Sequel to our meeting held on the 24th of March 2023, on the registration of the non-professional teachers in fulfilment of Education Regulatory Bodies Act 2020 Act 1023 Section 80(1) to (5), the National Teaching Council (NTC) brings to the attention of all Proprietors of private schools to register their non-professional teachers on NTC’s portal for a training programme leading to the issuance of an authorization to teach, herein referred to as Emergency licence.
Follow these steps to register their teachers.
1. Log on to the link below and provide details.
2. Check your email for an invitation by NTC and accept the invitation as “station head” by
clicking on the link.
3. Create a new password.
4. Login to tpg.ntc.gov.gh as station/school.
5. Click the upload teacher list to download the CSV template.
6.Fill in the template with the teachers’ information and upload the file unto the portal.
7. Teachers will then receive email, and SMS notifications to continue the profile setup after
which the proprietor makes bulk payment on behalf of their teachers. The fee per teacher
is GH 250.00.
All proprietors are required to visit https://ntc.gov.gh/proprietors-info
8. All registered teachers will be made to go through a training programme leading to the
– issuance of the emergency licence.
The Council expects all private schools to comply with this arrangement, without fail, by 31st May 2023.
Christian Addai-Poku, Ph.D.