ADMISSION INTO FIRST DEGREE (REGULAR) PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for admission into undergraduate programmes of the University of Cape Coast for the 2022/2023 Academic Year. Persons who will be writing WASSCE this year (AWAITING 2022 WASSCE RESULTS) can also apply.
E-vouchers for online application are up for sale at the following Centres:
(a) Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast
(b) University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra
(c) I-J Consult, Millennium City, Kasoa (Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road)
(d) All Ghana Post Offices
(e) All Network Branches of GCB Bank Nationwide
(f) All Network Branches of ADB Bank Nationwide
(g) All Network Branches of GT Bank Nationwide
(h) All Network Branches of ARB Apex Bank Nationwide
(i) All Network Branches of Republic Bank Nationwide
(j) All Network Branches of Consolidated Bank Nationwide Bank
(k) All Network Branches of Zenith Bank Nationwide
(l) All Network Branches of Prudential Bank Nationwide
Deadlines for the sale of Application E-vouchers and submission of completed application forms are Wednesday, 31st August, 2022 and Wednesday, 7th September, 2022 respectively.
Applicants are advised to read application instructions as well as the contents of the online admissions brochure (https:www.ucc.edu.gh/document/admission-brochure-regular-programmes) very carefully before completing the online application form.
Entry requirements for admission into programmes of study for both local and international students include the following:
- a)WASSCE/SSSCE: Applicants should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of 36/24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE
Three of the six subjects should be in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For purposes of admission, a credit pass in:
- WASSCE means A1 – C6
- SSSCE means A – D
- b)General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level: Applicants should, in addition to credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics), have three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
- c)General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE): Applicants should have credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- d)International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE): Applicants should have credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics) and three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
- e)International Baccalaureate (IB): Applicants should have a minimum of grade 4 at the Higher Level in three (3) subjects relevant to the programme of choice (minimum of grade 5 for Health and Allied Sciences). Applicants should, in addition, have a minimum of grade 4 in English/Literature and Mathematics (SL).
- f)American High School Grade 12 Examinations. Applicants should have a Final Grade point of 3.0.
- FEE-PAYING APPLICANTS
Fee-paying facilities are available for candidates/applicants who are unable to meet the competitive cut-off points determined by the Joint Admissions Committee.
Applicants who wish to be considered may complete and attach the fee-paying forms (available at the sales centres or downloaded from the university’s admissions portal) to their printed online application forms. Such candidates shall be required to meet the minimum admission requirements. Copies of last year’s cut-off points for the various programmes are available at the sales centres and the University’s website for applicants’ guidance.
SSSCE/WASSCE candidates applying for B.Ed (Physical Education) should hold themselves in readiness for a practical examination. The date for this examination will be communicated in due course.
Copies of the completed online application forms should reach the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA), University of Cape Coast not later than Wednesday, 7th September, 2022.
Applicants are required to provide the following information at the back of the large EMS envelope: (a) application reference number (b) full name (c) postal address (d) first choice programme and (e) application category which should be one of the following: SSSCE/WASSCE or Post-Diploma or Post First Degree or OTHER (to be specified by applicant). Applications on which APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBERS are not indicated will not be processed.
(ii) No additional documents will be accepted after submission of completed application forms. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips should accompany completed application forms. Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be inspected before registration. The documents accompanying the application forms are not returnable.
(iii) Persons awaiting 2022 WASSCE results MUST select the “Awaiting Results” option before providing their examination details. Those who already have results SHOULD NOT select the “Awaiting Results” option but rather go ahead to verify their results.
(iv) Application forms received without Application Reference Numbers, a copy of WASSCE/SSSCE results slip or transcripts, in the case of Post-Diploma and other applicants, will not be processed (this does not apply to awaiting results applicants).