CENTER FOR NATIONAL DISTANCE LEARNING AND OPEN SCHOOLING
COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TRAINING
GHANA ACADEMY OF ARTS & SCIENCES
GHANA LIBRARY AUTHORITY
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR CURRICULUM AND ASSESSMENT
NATIONAL BOARD FOR POLYTECHNICS & TTECHNICAL EXAMINATION
NATIONAL SCHOOL INSPECTORATE AUTHORITY
GHANA TERTIARY EDUCATION COUNCIL
NATIONAL SERVICE SECRETARIAT
NATIONAL TEACHING COUNCIL
GHANA COMMISSION FOR UNESCO
WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATION COUNCIL
GHANA BOOK DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
The functions of the Council, among others, are:
- Ensure that there is planning and coordination of public and private entities interested in book development.
- Ensure the promotion of reading habits among Ghanaians, particularly school children.
- Promote the development of indigenous authors and translation of books by indigenous authors into Ghanaian local languages.
- Promote the distribution of books in the country.
- Promote and coordinate the distribution of books authored by Ghanaians internationally.
- Establish standards for publishers and printers in the book industry.
- Bring together stakeholders to ensure collaboration, development and conducive environment for the building of a strong book industry.
- Carry out comprehensive studies and research programmes essential for the development of the book industry.
GHANA EDUCATION TRUST FUND