AWARD OF CPD POINTS FOR INSETS: WHAT EVERY TEACHER MUST KNOW.
JOIN OUR FORUM TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TEACHERS ONLY
You are not suppose to get zero CPD Points, Processing of your INSETS alone can give you good marks.
Have you received any CPD Points from INSETS?
What does INSETS Stands For; In-Service Education and Training (INSET)
1. Teachers must be awarded CPD points for participating in INSETs.
2. There are three INSET ENTRY PERIODS in every year. This period is supposed to be opened once every term, specifically the last two weeks before vacation.
3. INSET ENTRY PERIODS are periods during which the NTC portal is opened for District Directors to process INSET CPD points for teachers.
5. Teachers are expected to participate in these INSET activities, keep training records and submit to their heads for onwards submission to the District Directorate during the ENTRY PERIODS.
6. For a District Director to be able to process INSET points for teachers, he or she must first set-up or create an account on the NTC teachers portal as a District Director.
7. The creation of account as a District Director is solely done through a special invitation link sent from NTC to the corporate email addresses of the various directorates.
8. Directors who do not have or do not know their emails are to contact GES for the login details. Directors who have not yet received the invitation links are to send an email to cpd.ntc.gov.gh with their corporate email for it to be worked on.
9. To reduce the burden on Directors, NTC has added additional feature. Directors can delegate a teacher in a school as the head.
10. A teacher delegated as head of a school can process or award INSET points for teachers in his or her school.
Note that teachers who fail to obtain the minimum PD points on the third year of the current rank
shall not be recommended to renew the teacher license and would therefore not be recognized as a teacher of good professional standing. What is Statement of Professional Standing, How to Apply and Requirement From NTC
For some of us Our CPD Points for INSETS which is suppose to be processed by the directors are not done.
Lesson notes, other Curricular activities we do in schools also merits CPD Points but are not processed.
We are also sure the delegated teachers or directors may not be aware or have the know-How to work on Our INSET CPD Points.
There are new Directors too, have they also been trained on how to do it. Free Public NTC Course For 3 CPD, Directors and Desk Officers on NTC Activities;