AUTOMATIC SALARY INCREMENT/JUMP -GES
How to know/check which particular month your mandatory/automatic salary increment/ jump from GES comes which every teacher must receive every year, an amount depending on the rank – which is different from government increments.
1. Salary increment called incremental jump happens to every teacher in every year when your salary point increases. How To Correct The Point of Your Salary Level On Your Payslip Which Fails To Move Upwards
This is different from normal salary increment or Base pay increment.
To qualify your salary point must increase every year.
If your salary point is not increasing you won’t get it.
To check, first record your salary of the previous month and that of the next month previously September every year and check the difference. if it delays, it’ is paid with arrears in a subsequent month like October, November or December.
Many have issues with this increment hence the Request by GES to clear it.
Check form Template and Act according ; Request for outstanding salary / allowance issues within GES;
2. What if you don’t get it in September.
If you don’t get it in September or in a subsequent month after September it means yours will come in the same month of your recruitment/appointment or in the month your previous upgrading or promotion took effect.
For instance if your upgrading or promotion took effect in April your salary increment will happen in every April of every year or it will come a month earlier before April or a month after April.
3. Sometimes you don’t see much difference when it is paid because tax has swallowed it or SSNIT contribution arrears has swallowed it or tax arrears has swallowed it
4. When it is paid, your income tax increases and also SSNIT contribution also take their share that’s why you may not notice the difference.
5. That is why it’s important to check your payslip every month, because the increment is individual, all teachers don’t get it the same month. Make sure to check your gross and net every month and your income tax deductions. SNNIT deductions and loan deductions. It’s very important for your financial literacy about your salary.
One thing to avoid is to have issues with your authorities, it can affect your salary and that is the last thing you would wish for.
This time, mostly the incremental Jump happens in January, check your payslip this December and compare to January.
How to make Accurate Calculations of the 30% Base Pay increment to Public Sector Workers
GES Professional Learning Community (PLC) Digital Platform manual – How to Register
Biometric Tracking of Public Sector workers attendance by GoG effective Jan. 2023
All workers in Ghana to Strike on 27th December, 2022
Latest Senior High schools in Central Region/ Cape Coast- Best ones, all categories
YEA increases CPA allowance by 40%, set to recruit 35,700 personnel in 2023
YOU CAN JOIN OUR TELEGRAM OR WHATSAPP OR FACEBOOK PAGES
Organized Labour Healthcare Services withdrawal of all Out-Patient services -Strike dates
[…] of your grade for so many years unless government increases salaries you won’t receive any increment of salary for […]